Mark

Posted by Bob on October 14th, 2006 under Comment Responses

Not SPam
Not SPam

“I was not afraid of dying, but I was afraid of crippling.”

I had the same fear when I was a teenager. I used to do a bit of reckless driving, illegal drag racing, and high speed late night highway driving as (back then) I was a thrill seeker. I also ran horses at break neck speeds just to feel the wind in my hair, knowing one misstep and I’d be damaged goods. My biggest fear wasn’t crashing and dying — tt was crashing and living. Now that I’m older and “alot less bolder” I look back on my past and wonder just what the hell was surging thru my veins to make me do such stupid things.

— Comment by Mark

ME:

Mark, those who talk about being The Greatest Generation were the same age as you were when you did that insane driving. If you did not have your wisdom, you would see your exploits as examples of real Tough Guy courage.

That is what NAUSEATES me about the endless bragging of the World War II Generation. If you had been living back then, you would have put that reckess courage into combat. But MARK wouldn’t have made everybody else miserable bragging about how that made him a hero for life.

1. #1 by Dave on 10/14/2006 - 12:20 pm

NOT SPAM
    NOT SPAM

Fear causes the mind to play tricks. For example, one winter morning I was walking through an empty lot in a downtown area and ran across a “sleeping” bum.

Later, I read in the paper that the police picked up the body of man who had died of exposure there.

I thought to myself, how could my mind play such tricks? The man had frost all over his body. He was ivory white and obviously dead.

I didn’t want to see a corpse out of fear, so my mind made me believe the man was “sleeping”. I honestly didn’t pay the encounter a second thought until I read in paper about the corpse.

This is the white race today. A horrible catastrophe has befallen us. Enemies and vile traitors surround us. Our homes are being stolen. Our country has been destroyed. Yet, our minds tell us everything is ok and everything will work out.

This is fear. This is how fear really works.

2. #2 by Alan B. on 10/14/2006 - 2:33 pm

NOT SPAM

The WW2 generation has no idea how disasterous that war was for the world. Americans intervention totally disrupted the natural balance of power in the world. Germany was and should have remained the dominant european power, Japan the dominant asian power, this was a natural process and we changed it 100%. The result fron this was, a ruined and plundered German, she was the only country in western europe that could keep out the eastern invaders. Result, the soviet Union was perched right in the heart of modern europe and we were left holding the bag, really stupid hindsight. Lets not forget that this wasent a war to rid europe of nazism, this was a war to destroy German as a nation, england and France still looked at the 20th century Europe as if it was the 19th century, they couldnt face the fact that they were decining powers so they were hell bent on her destruction. Japan was also taking the lead in Asia, of course England and Now America felt threatened we both held colonies in that region. Think about it two nations thousands of miles from their own regions worried about a nation that was plaing it her own back yard, man we were arogant and selfritos, so we left Japan in ruin and soon found ourselves having to now protect her from “Uncle Joe” Stalin, FDR’s WW2 pal. Point is the greatest generation left the world one fucked up place and we wound up rebuilding the vary nations we were so hell bent on destroying and we were stuck providing ther protection, goddam mess.

3. #3 by Pain on 10/14/2006 - 11:12 pm

NOT SPAM
    NOT SPAM

Mark said: “I used to do a bit of reckless driving, illegal drag racing, and high speed late night highway driving as (back then).”

I have always admired people like that.

4. #4 by Mark on 10/15/2006 - 7:35 pm

NOt SPaM
    NOT SpaM

Hey Peter, my truck has a Hemi. Wanna go for a drive sometime? LOL

5. #5 by Pain on 10/16/2006 - 12:24 am

NOT SPAM
    NOT SPAM

Mark: Yes!

6. #6 by Edwin on 10/17/2006 - 5:44 am

I think the reason the weakest generation belives they were heroes is because they were cowards. They believe they saved the world because they know they ruined it. The believe the British were evil because they murdered an entire city of innocent civilians at Dresden. They belive they saved Britian, France and America because it is plainly obvious that those three countries are conquered, colonized and polluted with Third-World invaders.
    They belive they saved the world because THEY HAVE TO. Dammit, if you were in their position, woulden’t you be tempted to do the same and stick you head in the sand? The truth hurts. Our world is seriously F’d up and the weakest generation probably knows, deep down inside, that they were not uninvolved in making it that way.
    They HAVE TO believe that the germans were evil because they murdered so goddamm many of them!

7. #7 by Edwin on 10/17/2006 - 4:31 pm

Oops! “They believed the British were evil …”. That should say : “They believed the GERMANS were evil …”