Rowan Atkinson Demands an End to Hate Laws

Posted by Bob on November 21st, 2012 under Coaching Session

One of our commenters pointed out that Rowan Atkinson has denounced “the new intolerance,” Hate Speech Laws in Britain. I just made flippant reply about having Blackadder on our side.

Let me make up for that.

I cannot see YouTubes on my battered computer any more. What I can see is the page, and Atkinson standing in front of an audience which is actively trying to get rid of the Hate Laws in “Reform 5.” Behind him are the words, “Feel Free to Insult Me.”Photobucket

When I looked it had been seen by over a quarter of a million peoiple, with 6,988 “likes” and 28 “dislikes.”

By the way, I don’t know what language you Limeys speak, but in the one I learned there is no such noun as “Hate.” My Enlgish teacher would have put a big red X bneside it.

The word is hatred, and it is not capitalized.

1. #1 by Epiphany on 11/21/2012 - 6:33 am

Hate laws are silly!

2. #2 by Daniel Genseric on 11/21/2012 - 9:21 am

Hate speech, hate laws, etc… is just a shorter way of saying what they really mean, “Free Speech has been suspended for a subset of the population.”

When I hear it I think, “Somebody white must have said something less than fashionable again.”

3. #3 by Simmons on 11/21/2012 - 10:30 am

planning session on secession at OD at post 159 RRS reminds them that free speech for whites is the first thing

4. #5 by daedalus on 11/21/2012 - 11:05 am

Good!

Let’s be clear on the issue, though,
    walking around babbling “Hate Laws are silly!” has the power
    of punching someone with a “wet noodle” arm.
    The silliness often has the physical power behind it to break your balls. I’m with people here.
    But burbling ‘silly’ on the internet is much much different then actually saying something among a group of people in the professions of “holiness” — i.e., education, religion, media, marketing. Try it. I have. And they do NOT wimper or run away.

5. #6 by OldBlighty on 11/21/2012 - 4:11 pm

daedalus on 11/21/2012 – 11:05 am
    ” Try it. I have. And they do NOT wimper or run away.”

Call them SILLY in front of their students and embarrass the hell out of them. Repetition is key.

6. #7 by Frank on 11/21/2012 - 4:40 pm

The Mantra going viral doesn’t always look exactly like the Mantra.

• #8 by Daniel Genseric on 11/21/2012 - 7:53 pm

Absolutely.

Mantra concepts have been woven in and are now an integral part of the discourse in politisphere.

Nobody can undo that. Nobody.

7. #9 by Jmcaul on 11/22/2012 - 5:08 pm

“I don’t know what language you Limeys speak…” Now THAT is a downright hilarious line. I am LOLing MAO.

8. #10 by premiseblog on 11/23/2012 - 2:48 am

Muhammad Ali makes those in favor of interracial assimilation sound VERY silly in this video:
    “Bluebird gon’ be with blue birds, red bird gon’ be with red birds”

MUST WATCH: Muhammad Ali Tells it LIke it Is